Quality & Patient Safety
chieving safe, high quality care for patients is a constant endeavor at Colleton Medical Center that involves many factors and the commitment of our entire team.
- We are proud of our success in achieving high quality patient outcomes as compared to national benchmarks. We measure surgical infection rates, heart attack and heart failure outcomes and how aggressively we work to prevent or treat pneumonia. By reviewing critical information like this we are able to continuously improve our processes to ensure the best outcomes for our patients.
- Enhancing patient safety throughout our facility is achieved through teamwork and a commitment to always doing the right thing for the patient. Policies such as taking a “time-out” in the operating room are one way to verify we are providing the right care to the right patient.
- Our goal at CMC is for all of our patients to be very satisfied with their care and service all of the time. We know that a hospitalization is a stressful event in the life of the patient and their family. Our commitment is to provide high quality, compassionate care that result in the best experience possible.
- Patient and staff education is a continuous process at CMC. Through education we improve our patients’ understanding of their treatment and improve their ability to recover. Staff education ensures that we are able to offer the most up-to-date and effective care available.
- Hospital Accreditation is an important quality indicator because it validates for our patients that we have in place appropriate policies and procedures that meet or exceed national standards. We are proud to be a fully accredited hospital.
- Improved operational and financial performance allows CMC to continue to add and improve services for our community. Through responsible management of our human and financial resources, we are able to invest in new technology, staff education, and improvements to our physical plant that create a safe environment for providing high quality health care.