June 29, 2022
After a two-year hiatus as a result of the COVID-19 Pandemic, members of Team Colleton were excited to gather together on Tuesday, June 21 for the presentation of the Frist Humanitarian and Nursing Excellence Awards.
Frist Humanitarian Awards
HCA Healthcare co-founder Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.'s concern for the well-being of others went beyond his day-to-day work. In addition to building a successful corporation, he founded the Frist Foundation, a philanthropic organization that has donated millions in support of health programs, the performing arts, and education.
In 1971 the Frist Humanitarian Award was created to recognize individuals who serve the community and those in need, and whose daily dedication and caregiving epitomize the highest standards of quality and personal commitment. Colleton Medical Center's 2022 Frist Humanitarian Award Recipients are-
- Volunteer Frist Award was presented to Jay Thompson for 15-years of faithful service as a volunteer at Colleton Medical Center.
- Employee Frist Award was presented to Sheila Williams, RN, Employee Health for going above and beyond her day-to-day responsibilities in service to the community, Team Colleton, and our patients.
- Physician Frist Award was presented to Dr. Mark Greenslit, a board-certified radiologist, for his daily display of concern for the well-being of others beyond his day-to-day responsibilities.
Nursing Excellence Awards
The Nursing Excellence Award was created in 2014 to recognize the value and art and practice of nursing. This award recognizes nurses who play a vital role in accomplishing our daily mission to provide the highest quality of care to the patients we serve. The 2022 Nurse Excellence Award recipients are-
- Excellence in Nursing- Professional Mentoring Award was presented to Sarah Lucas, RN with the Labor and Delivery Unit for guiding and supporting career development for USCB students and leading the Labor and Delivery Unit Practice Council using evidence-based practices to improve patient care.
- Excellence in Nursing- Compassionate Care Award was presented to Chrissy Yonce, RN, with the Surgical Services Unit for consistently demonstrating compassion and integrity while supporting other units throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. When CMC returned to the new normal, post-pandemic Chrissy once again demonstrated compassionate care by giving her own shoes to a patient.
“Recognizing our team members who continue to go above and beyond is a great privilege," said Jimmy Hiott, Colleton Medical Center CEO. "Like Dr. Frist, our 2022 award recipients embrace the value of the human spirit by living our mission "above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life."
Missy Feather, Chief Nursing Officer, echoed Hiott's remarks adding "It is an honor to work with and alongside the compassionate caregivers here at Colleton Medical Center. Watching this team in action gives me great joy in knowing that our community is served by an unmatched team of professional and passionate caregivers."