COVID-19 and Pregnancy - An Update for our Patients
We would like to take this opportunity to update you about your maternity care during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, and assure you that our dedicated team of expert nurses, physicians and midwives are committed to providing safe and effective care to every patient who walks through our doors.
Women’s healthcare needs, close to home
Your time and health are important, but with today’s busy lifestyles, many women don’t have the time to seek out complete healthcare services. Colleton Medical Center offers a comprehensive health and wellness program specifically centered on women’s needs for the greater Walterboro area.
Our expert gynecologists/OBGYNs offer a range of women's services, including prenatal and birthing care, mammogram and breast diagnostics, minimally-invasive and complex surgeries.
Our women’s health services include:
- Well woman exams and pap smears
- Contraceptive counseling
- Management of menopause
- 6 private labor and delivery rooms
- Prenatal and birthing services
- Postpartum unit
- Remote fetal surveillance
- Digital mammography
- State-of-the-art fetal monitoring system – Centricity Perinatal (CPN)
- Using a state-of-the art fetal monitoring system call Centricity Perinatal (CPN), laboring mothers benefit from unit-wide surveillance improving fetal and maternal safety. A view of baby’s heart tracing or mom’s contraction patterns are always available to the nurses and physicians. Physicians have remote access to the system 24-hours per day which allows up to the minute information on their patient’s progress. The system also provides a single, continuous medical record throughout the patient’s pregnancy. This enhances continuity of care and makes this information instantly available to hospital staff.
- Pediatric care
Family-centered maternity services are complemented by:
- Large LDRP rooms allow you labor, delivery and have your postpartum stay all in one room without having to change rooms midway through your stay
- Pediatric hospitalists who specialize in the care of hospitalized children and newborn patients. NRP certified personnel at every delivery
- Hugs Infant security system and newly updated security cameras to keep you and your baby safe throughout your stay
- Wireless monitoring available to allow freedom of movement during labor
- Celebration Meal for you and your partner after welcoming the newest member of your family
- Certified Lactation Counselor on staff
- Certified Lamaze and Childbirth Educator on staff
- Anesthesia available 24 hours
- Modella breast pumps and ability donate excess breast milk through the Mother's Milk Bank of South Carolina