Surgical care in Walterboro, South Carolina
The surgeons at Colleton Medical Center offer comprehensive support for patients throughout Walterboro, South Carolina. The surgical team is dedicated to providing compassionate and thorough care to ease your mind before and after treatment.
For more information about our surgery services, call our Consult-A-Nurse team at (800) 530-3244. You can also reach our Ambulatory Surgery & Diagnostic Center at (843) 782-7000.
Our surgical services
Our 32-bed surgical department provides general surgery, orthopedic surgery and OB/GYN surgical procedures. We offer private and semi-private rooms for patients recovering from surgery. All of our rooms are equipped with advanced technology to ensure continual monitoring of patients on the medical/surgical floor. The surgeons at Colleton Medical Center perform:
- Ear, nose and throat (ENT) surgery to treat sinusitis, tonsillitis, infections, injuries, sleep disorders and speech and swallowing disorders
- General surgery to treat conditions affecting the abdominal organs, including the esophagus, stomach, small intestine, large intestine, liver, pancreas, gallbladder, appendix, bile ducts and thyroid gland
- Gynecologic surgeries and other services focusing on women's health, including hysterectomies, fibroid removals and other complex and minimally invasive procedures
- Orthopedic procedures, including hip, knee and shoulder replacement
- Ocular surgery, including cataract surgery, plastic surgery and laser surgery, to treat eye conditions and injuries
- Pediatric surgery tailored to the unique medical needs of children
- Podiatric surgery to treat conditions affecting the feet and ankles
- Urologic surgery to treat issues affecting the urinary tract and male reproductive organs
Specialized pediatric care
Colleton Medical Center also has a growing pediatric medical/surgical unit to serve our young community members. These special patients are often children suffering from respiratory problems or dehydration as well as children who need 24-hour nursing care. Colleton Medical Center also has access to Life Flight to transport extremely ill pediatric patients to the Medical University of South Carolina Children’s Hospital.