Women's health services in Walterboro, South Carolina
Your health is important, but many women don’t have the time to seek out complete services. That's why Colleton Medical Center offers a comprehensive health and wellness program specifically centered on women’s needs for the greater Walterboro, SC community. Our expert OB/GYNs and women's health experts offer a range of services, including prenatal and birthing care, breast diagnostics and gynecologic and urologic surgeries.
For more information about our women's care services, please call our Consult-A-Nurse team at (843) 782-2525.
Family-centered maternity care
To keep our patients as comfortable as possible throughout the labor and delivery experience, our hospital features:
- 6 private labor and delivery rooms
- Infant security system and cameras to keep you and your baby safe throughout your stay
- Large rooms that allow you to stay in one room throughout the entire labor, delivery and postpartum process
- Specialized postpartum unit
- Wireless monitoring to allow freedom of movement during labor
Patients have access to breast pumps and can donate excess breast milk through the Mother's Milk Bank of South Carolina. We also provide a celebration meal for you and your partner after welcoming the newest member of your family.
Our women's care team
Patients at our hospital have access to an array of specialists, ensuring we are ready and equipped to provide for women's healthcare needs the moment they're needed. Our patients have access to:
- Anesthesiologists available 24 hours a day
- Certified lactation counselors
- Certified Lamaze and childbirth educators
- Experienced pediatric staff who specialize in the care of children and newborns
- Personnel certified in neonatal resuscitation at every delivery
Comprehensive women's healthcare
Our expert women's health specialists offer a range of women's services, including prenatal and birthing care, breast diagnostics, minimally invasive and complex surgeries.
Our women’s health services include:
- Breast imaging and screening
- Contraceptive counseling
- Gynecologic and urologic surgery
- Menopause management
- Prenatal and birthing services
- Remote fetal surveillance
- Well-woman exams and pap smears
Our state-of-the-art fetal monitoring system
Remote fetal surveillance allows nurses and physicians to view baby’s heart tracing or mom’s contraction patterns. This system creates a single, continuous medical record throughout the patient’s pregnancy. Through this technology, our physicians have instant, 24-hour access to information about their patient’s progress.
Breast imaging and screening
Colleton Medical Center offers high-quality breast screening services. We provide diagnostic services, and our experienced surgeons are available to perform biopsies when needed.
Gynecologic and urologic surgery
Our gynecologists and urologists in Walterboro provide surgical services for menstrual disorders, pelvic pain and a variety of other conditions affecting the female reproductive system and urinary tract, including:
- Cervical dysplasia (development of abnormal cells in the narrow neck of a woman's uterus)
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (a hormonal disorder causing enlarged ovaries with small cysts on the outer edges)
- Urinary incontinence
- Uterine fibroids (noncancerous growths of the uterus that often appear during childbearing years)